4 TBSP Butter or Olive Oil, Divided
1 Lb Cipollini Onions, trimmed and peeled
2 Lb Green Beans, trimmed
2 TBSP Canola Oil
1 Lb Button Mushrooms, washed, trimmed, and cut into quarters
1 Shallot, finely chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 TSP Thyme Leaves
1 TSP Soy Sauce
1 TSP Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter (or heat olive oil) in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add cipollini onions, season well with salt and pepper, reduce heat to low, and cook, turning occasionally, until onions are a deep, caramel brown, about 45 minutes total.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add beans and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and run under cool running water until cooled. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat until lightly smoking. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they've released all their liquid and are browned, about 10 minutes total, reducing heat if oil starts to smoke excessively. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add shallots, garlic, thyme, and remaining tablespoon butter (or olive oil) and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add soy sauce and toss to combine.
1. Great way to incorporate a number of vegetables into your dinner
2. Great as leftovers as a healthy veggie wrap
Recipe adapted from: