INGREDIENTS3 White Eggplant, sliced into rounds
½ Onion, thinly sliced
2 TBSP Canola Oil
1 TBSP Cilantro, chopped
2 TBSP Red or Green Thai Curry Paste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Trim the stem edge and cut the eggplant into round circle and saute them in 1 Tbsp of oil until soft. Keep them aside.
2. Take the same nonstick pan that you have sauteed eggplants before, add 1 tsp oil to it. Once the oil is hot, add thinly sliced onions to it, saute until onions become translucent.
3. Now add the sauteed eggplant rounds to the pan. Once the eggplant slices are mixed with onions, add some salt to it and leave it on medium flame for 5 min.
4. Now add the curry paste to the pan and mix it well gently, and stir fry for another 5 min until the everything is well combined and cooked.
1. This is a quick, exciting dish to put together. Great after a long day at work.
2. You may add this curry paste to another of your favorite stir fry sauces to intensify its heat.
3. Any eggplant variety can be substituted, just make sure to cut into small 2” pieces to keep the cooking time the same. Pieces without skin make cook faster or lose their shape a bit but the flavor will remain delicious.
Recipe adapted from:
This recipe is brought to you by Massachusetts Avenue Project! Find MAP’s Mobile Market to purchase items on your ingredient list by visiting www.mass-ave.org or follow @massaveproject and #foodthatmoves on your favorite social media site.