Meet MAP Youth Falena !






My name is Falena Berdine, I am 16 years old and go to City Honors. After graduating this June I’m considering going to college, taking time off, or doing humanitarian work abroad. If I do go to college I hope to study environmental or women's studies. I am very Interested in the Climate Justice Movement and hope to turn my climate anxiety into meaningful climate action. I have lived in Buffalo my entire life and have been very inspired by MAP’s work towards food equity in Buffalo. I shopped at MAPs mobile market and wanted to work here for around a year before I got the opportunity to join the program. So far I have loved working at MAP, everyone has been very nice and welcoming. I love the environment and adorable cats. Working here has opened my eyes to different aspects of our local food system. My grandparents farm in Oregon has always connected me to nature and food in a very personal way. I am excited to continue working here and connect to Buffalo’s food system and support their efforts towards food equity.