Meet Alize!





My name is Alize. I like to think I’m fun and I’m quiet. Some of the reason why I’m quiet is because I have selective mutism, it’s a type of anxiety that prevents me from talking in an uncomfortable situation. When I’m with my friends though I’m super weird and loud. I’m a junior in high school and I go to Hutch Tech. I’ve worked at MAP for three years and honestly, it’s like my second home. I always look forward to coming to work and learning about new things. Music is one thing that inspires me the most. It’s always there and never lets me down. It’s my lifeline and my first love. Another thing that inspires me is art. It captures the beauty in things and it captures the little things that people don’t seem to catch. Pictures do the same thing and I love those as well. I’m also a big anti-bullying enthusiast. I’ve been bullied all my life and honestly, I don’t get why people bully. I could probably write two or three books on the matter, but this is supposed to be short. My favorite things to do are drawing, dancing and writing. It’s my way of distracting myself from my thoughts that drive me crazy. I write a lot. Stories, poems, lists just writing in general helps me get out my emotions in a way other than speaking. I’m going to share one of my favorite poems with you, it’s written in music’s point of view and explains the significance of music.

Comments