Meet Amina!

¡Hola! Mi nombre es Amina. Oh espera, lenguaje equivocado. Bonjour! Je m'appelle Amina. Ç'est la faux langue. Now that we have that situation settled, my name is Amina Shariff and I am a sophomore at Hutch Tech HS. I am currently majoring in Biochemistry and I have been working at MAP for one summer and decided to continue into the school-year program. Here’s a little bit about me!
First thing you need to know about me is that I am super indecisive, so I absolutely suck at making decisions. It has been a problem that has affected me my whole life. It is now hindering my decision to find out what I want to do with my life. Part of me wants to become a biochemical engineer and the other half wants to become a pediatrician. Two totally different fields of study. However, I know that whichever one I decide on, I’ll be happy succeeding in that field. Which is all that really matters!
Three words that describe me you ask? Well if you must know, ORGANIZED, CHEERFUL, AND DILIGENT. All traits that stay true to me. If you take a look inside one of my school binders, you’ll see post-it notes, dividers, and my very neat handwriting. Organizing my life like this honestly just makes me want to succeed, which is why I do it. I have become way more productive this way, which is how I stay on top of my school work. When I have my life organized, I just turn into an overall cheerful person and I tried to spread my bright attitude everywhere I venture to.

My favorite quote is by the one and only, the most wholesome man in the universe, the amazing artist that he is, Bob Ross. Can we get a round of applause?
“We don’t make mistakes, just happy accidents.”
-Bob Ross

There are very few mistakes in life that cannot be corrected if you try hard enough. Even a seemingly insurmountable problem can have a solution as long as you really take the time to solve it and not give up. This quote inspires me to not surrender when things get difficult and overall gives me a more positive outlook on life.
I am currently learning how to play the piano, I enjoy writing all kinds of stories and articles, and cooking. I haven’t been given many opportunities to cook at home which is why I think working at MAP will be great for me. I knew I had a passion for cooking ever since helping me mom in the kitchen and I hope to continue having that passion. Working at MAP will bring great opportunities for me and I am excited to be a part of a great organization, that helps fight for those in need.

Comments