Meet Day Yar!

My name is Day Yar Paw. I am 17 years old. I’m smart, ambitious and independent. I’m a junior in Mckinley High School. I was born in Thailand and moved to America in 2013. Living in Thailand was very difficult and there is not a lot of opportunities, especially when it comes to education and jobs. Moving into America was an amazing decision for my siblings and I. There’s so many opportunities in America, they have nice clothes for us to wear, good food and also meeting so many different people from different cultures. I started working at MAP in school year of 2018. Working at MAP helps improve my communication skills and slowly come out of my shell. I also learn different skills in cooking class with Bethany. All the staff members and workers are kind and friendly. After high school, I will be attending Cosmetology school so the money that I got from working at MAP, I will save some and spent some on the things that I need for Cosmetology. The important thing that I’m currently working on right now is to improve myself as a young woman, always have the positive mindset and moving forward with my life.   

Comments