Meet Amina!



Meet Amina! 



My name is Amina. I am 14 years old and you are reading all about me. I am now a sophomore at Hutch Tech High School, with a major in biochemistry. I don’t really know what I want to become for sure, but I have some ideas. Some part of me wants to become a biochemical engineer, but the other part wants me to become a mental health social worker. Both fields of study have been important to me for as long as I can remember. 

I was born in Colombus, Ohio, but I don’t remember much because shortly after we moved to Buffalo, where we started our family. You could describe me as organized, cheerful, and optimistic - all traits I have worked hard to receive. I speak English, Somali, and I’m in the process of learning Spanish. I like to cook and make my own food, but haven’t been given the opportunity at home. This is one of the reasons why I think working at MAP will be great for me. I knew I had a passion for cooking since helping my mom in the kitchen and I hope to continue having that passion. Working at MAP will only bring good opportunities for me and I am excited to be a part of an organization like this - where it is all about bringing healthy food to everyone. 

Comments