Meet Myo!


I am Myo. I came from Thailand to America to have a better chance at life. Back in Thailand, my mom had it hard. My dad was a successful man, hardworking too, and he loved me. That was my view of him as a kid. In reality, he would drink and every time he did that he would argue with my mom and beat her from time to time. I was four when I first saw how my dad beat my mom. I could never look at my dad the same way again. A few years later, at the age of seven, my dad left my mom from another woman he was cheating with. He was dead to us so we took refuge in a camp to come to America for a better life. What I've been through became one of my inspirations. I keep reminding myself to never be like my dad, to not ever lay a hand on a woman, and to not ever cheat.

I am attending Hutch Tech and I am a senior. I want to major in criminal justice so that I am able to become a police officer and arrest people who are abusive and especially those who beat on women and children so that other kids don't go through the same thing.

I have been working for MAP since the summer of 2017. MAP was my first job and I am still working here now because the employers and the other youth are good people who all come from different backgrounds. Some are similar like me. It's a nice place to work and I still have enough time to do my school work after I get home from work. It is a good environment for me and is like family. It reminds me of Thailand because we farm a lot back in Thailand.

Comments