Meet Dakota!


Hello! My name is Dakota. I am 16 and I go to Kenmore West High School. To be honest, I don't have a favorite subject because it's just very hard to pick only one. I am an 02' liner and English is my first language, but I am currently studying French and Korean. I have lived in Buffalo my whole life, but when I get older, I would really love to travel and learn about different cultures. I personally love singing. Singing has always been my passion and I sing in different languages including Korean, Japanese, English, and many more. Where I work supports me and what I like. I have been working here for 3 1/2 years and I really love it here. I don't think I have a least favorite part of the job at all. Challenges I face between school and work is sometimes driving because work is so far from my home.
I have always wanted to be a singer. I think if I could practice and focus hard enough on my singing skills, I could definitely do it. There is this singing app I have on my phone where I can sing a song and other people from around the world cab join me. Every day IU get comments on my singing saying, "your voice is really beautiful," and "wow, I absolutely love your voice," and they always lift me up and boost my confidence up more.
I have another thing I would like to share. I am obsessed and I love K-Pop very much. I got into K-Pop when I recorded this one show [on tv]. I thought it was for American music but it turned out to be K-Pop instead. After that, I really loved K-Pop a lot. I still love K-Pop with all of my heart. I have so many favorite groups that it would take forever to name them all out.
I am confident to share this with others because my mom always inspires me as she does what she thinks is right. She has always told me to follow my heart and choose to do what you love the most. It makes me so happy to know I have the one who has always been there for me and never judged my on my side and she will be on my side even when things are hard and when we are going through rough times. I love my mom so much and I don't know what I would do without her.
Another inspiration I have is myself. I think whenever someone tries to bring me down I would always push their thoughts out of my head and fill my head with positive thoughts. Everything I do is hard but as time goes by and when I try harder, *I will get the hang of it and everything will go smoothly.

Comments