Meet Laydia!

My  name is Laydia and I am a senior at Hutch Tech. Over these two years [working] at MAP, I have learned a lot about my community. Before I became involved with MAP, I was not aware of the problems in my community. I learned about how important food is for our health, culture, and the environment. I learned that in certain parts of Buffalo there are no supermarkets so people do not have access to healthy food. In the summer, I worked with the Mobile Market and sold fruits and vegetables. I was really happy to see the elders, children, and people enjoying the vegetables that we sold. MAP has been a great experience for me because it not only educated me about my community, it also helped me with my college essay and FAFSA. This year I will be graduating from Hutch Tech and I’m really happy. I plan on studying at UB to become a registered nurse.


Comments