Meet Ingabire!


My name is Ingabire. I am an outgoing and open minded person. I go to Emerson School of Hospitality and I am currently a senior. My favorite subject in school is art. I was born in Congo and came to America through the United Nations in 2014. I speak English and Swahili. I have worked at MAP for 4 year. I wanted to work at MAP because I wanted extra money for myself but I kept working at MAP because it's like family to me and I enjoy working here. My favorite part of MAP is when we host events like Tour de Farms and have people in our community eating and connecting with each other. My least favorite part is not having a lot of hours to work together.

Working at MAP and being in school can sometimes be difficult. After work I might have homework and by the time I get home I am tired. I am graduating in June and my plan is to go to college and find a good major that I like.

My inspiration is all hardworking women and all the people who fought for their basic rights. My favorite activity is to write poems for myself. I give back to my community by being an activist.

I love food. My favorite vegetable is spinach. My favorite dish to cook is pilau. My favorite dish to eat is mac and cheese. My favorite crop to grow is garlic. I also have a favorite social justice movement which is the Women's March.

My MAP memory from the summer time is when we went to Beaver Meadow and played games during the day and at night in the woods. I am happy to be a MAP Youth.

Comments