Nutritional workshops can help the community



Hello anyone reading this. My full name is Win Win Thu. I was born in Thailand and I came to America when I was two years old. I grew up and was raised in Buffalo, New York. I attend Buffalo Public Schools my whole life. Alright, enough about me, let us get to the main point of this blog post: participating in a nutritional workshop.

This fall we had a workshop by Brooke, a dietetics student. She asked myself and my coworkers if we had any questions and interacted with us during her workshop. Also, I always wanted to eat healthy, but didn't know where to start. With Brooke's help I feel ready. (PS Brooke, if you read this thank you for telling me that anything that rhymes with 'gross' is evil sugar!)

How does a nutritional workshop help the community you ask ask? Well, let me tell you! It helps the community by educating them about what they are ingesting just be reading nutritional labels. It educates them by telling them there are alternatives and healthy choices to eat instead. For example, instead of getting a bag of hot Cheetos, you can get pretzels as a healthier choice.  Communities such as the west and east communities in Buffalo go to corner stores to access food. Nutrition education classes also teach how to and why to eat a healthy, well balanced diet. If you want a long life to the age of 500 you should eat a healthy diet. :-)


Comments