Meet Marissa, our second research coordinator this summer!


My name is Marissa Beinhauer and I am very happy to have landed a position as Research Coordinator here at MAP. I am a senior at UB and will hopefully graduate in the winter with a degree in English and Environmental Studies. I had been hoping to join MAP for a few years now and, with my schedule free this summer, I finally had an opportunity to do so. As a vegan and a Buffalo community member, food insecurity and problems with the local economy are issues that I feel drawn to help address. MAP gives me an opportunity to get my foot in the door with local food systems, which I am very grateful for, and a way to begin learning how to address these complex issues. I am hoping to learn, contribute, work hard and have fun here at MAP!

Comments