Maire is Learning to Budget Her Money

By Maire

My profession during the budgeting workshop [provided by The Service Collaborative of WNY Opportunity Corps] was a barista and my salary was $1,900 a month. The challenges I had staying on budget were that I would overspend on things before I even paid my bills. The expenses I needed to watch more closely were gas and entertainment.

In comparison to how I manage my paycheck [in real life], it's completely different. I don't spend my paycheck at all, I just put it in my savings account. At the moment, I don't pay any bills.

To make sure I have enough money, I make certain that I save my money for anything really super important that I might have to buy. I also make sure I really want something before I buy it so that its not an impulse buy.

Comments