Meet Paulie, an ABLE team leader!


 I’ve been part of MAP Growing Green for about 3 years now. I started working here in high school when I applied through the Mayor Summer Youth Program.

When I was placed to work for MAP as a teenager I thought it would be boring. Little did I know I would become very interested in the work MAP does. As a youth, I worked during both the summer and school year programs. During the summer over 30 teens are hired here at MAP and are rotated through three different component of the program: the farm, nutrition and enterprise, and community organizing. Through these three components, a lot of knowledge about where our food came from, harvesting, and becoming an active citizen in your community is gained.


After I’ve graduated from the youth program, I decided to work at MAP again. Now I am employed by MAP through Americorp ABLE. My role is a team leader. I will be in charge of about 6 to 8 teens during this summer program. I am very excited to be working with MAP again and I am looking forward to a fun, exciting, and educational summer.

Comments