Meet a farmer! Mohamud


Hello, my name is Mohamud. I am 14 years old. I have been farming for one year.

My favorite part about being a farmer is planting.


My superhero is Ronaldo.

When I'm not farming, I like to play soccer.

My favorite things to grow are carrots. My favorite things to eat oranges.

If I could change one this about the food system it would be to make prices more consistent.

Something you don't know about me is I am a huge gamer.



If I could tell the world one thing about what being a farmer is like: it is a lot of work. It can be fun, but it is also hectic.

Climate is affecting my garden by limiting what we can grow.

One this I'm doing to protect the environment in our garden is picking up trash.

I think we need more young people involved in farming because it is good for the environment.

One thing I'm doing to create healthy soil in my garden is composting.

The most difficult thing about sustainable farming is planning.


This post is based on Food Tank's Farmer Spotlight series. We will be highlighting the young farmers working at MAP in effort to join the global conversation about farming and food.

Comments