Meet Nina!

Hello my name is Nina Adam, I’m sixteen years old junior at Mckinley high school. I’m taking a horticulture shop because I enjoy working in landscaping. My sister is one of my biggest role models, when she started working at Massachusetts Avenues Project was really amazing to see all the amazing things she was doing .I wanted to be a part of MAP. Joining Massachusetts avenue project in 2017 in the summer was a great experience. I learned more about working with plants which inspired me to take a horticulture class in school. Starting at MAP I was really uncomfortable with my public speaking, I hated talking to a group of audience, I had more opportunity to practice my public speaking to people. I was able to make a podcast on an issue I strongly believed in I had to step out of my comfort zone to do presentations. I learned about issue that I never expect to exist in this world, like global warming, GFPP, nutrition values and locally grown food etc. After four years working at MAP I had opportunity to lead a youth caucus and make a workshop with my fellows at the tomorrow’s leader conference. MAP has helped me grow as a youth activist.

Comments