Meet the 2019 Mobile Market Team!

Meet the 2019 Mobile Market Team!

Seasonal Staff

These two join us for the whole season as staff members and support the program by assisting with food procurement, market stops, back office tasks, and youth development.

Meet Courtney!

My name is Courtney Chavanne, and I recently graduated from D’Youville college with a degree in Public Health. While pursuing my Public Health degree I specifically became interested in plant based nutrition, and advocating healthy eating practices with these particular foods. I am committed to a career focused on increasing access to nutritious foods in the City of Buffalo, and my time interning with MAP last year allowed me to do just that. I am excited to be back this year as the Mobile Market Coordinator. Last season I was nine months pregnant working on the market, and now my daughter keeps me busy in my free time. I have been vegan for four years, and when I have some me time I love to cook and try new recipes.
Meet Zak!

I am currently enrolled in the Dietitian Education Program at SUNY Buffalo State, and hope to practice in the field of community nutrition upon completion of my degree. Before coming to work at MAP I worked in a number of commercial kitchens, most recently working as both a prep cook and nutrition educator at Westminster Community Charter School in Buffalo. I am passionate about cooking, gardening, and food justice!





Mobile Market Interns

These fantastic interns volunteer their time to make sure each Mobile Market stop is a great experience. 

Meet Chloe!

This is Chloe. I am dietetic intern from University at Buffalo. I will graduate in December 2019 and hoping to get the RD exam done after graduation and become a RD!


Meet Ashley!
Meet Ashley!

I am a student studying linguistics with a minor in photography. I love learning, people and cultures.








Meet Porshea!

I'm an Anthropology major at Buffalo State with a passion for nutritional anthropology and food culture! I'm originally from the Midwest and have studied agriculture and environmental science since high school.







ImageMeet Leeza!

I’m a public health student at D’Youville College! I’m interested in the social determinants of health and health equity. Access to fresh, healthy food is important and a basic right.









Comments