Meet Dakota!



Hi, my name is Dakota Blu. I go to Kenmore West. I'm also a freshman. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY. I've been working at MAP since summer 2016. I'm here at MAP to know how you guys work, and I wanted to work for so long, so this was my only chance. I really like it here.

What I've learned is that Buffalo has a climate zone and how the garden and the farm grow different kinds of fruits and vegetables; Also, about the healthy corner store issues. My favorite part of the job is going to the farm and garden and turning compost. My least favorite part is sitting in the meeting room because the lights always give me a headache and it's so loud all the time. I also don't like facilitating. A challenge that I face is getting my work done at a reasonable time since I get out of work so late. When I'm in school I'm always worrying about not being on time to work. My future plans are to go to college. I want to be a vet since I love animals so much (even though I'm not a vegetarian). If I'm not in work, I either play basketball with my cousin, stay at home and listen to music (K-pop) or I hang out with my friends. When I told my family I love K-pop I got my mom into K-pop too.

I think MAP is such a good working place, and I'd really love to continue working here until I'm a senior in high school because MAP has taught me a lot of things. I think working here really helped my socialization with people and learning to talk to new people. And, it helped me know that there's never a right or wrong question. MAP is a good place to work, and I would suggest signing up for the summer program to my friends so they could stop being lazy and learn something other than math, ELA, science etc.

Comments