Meet #MAPYouth Khadijah!

Hi! My name is Khadijah and I am a sophomore at International Prep High School. I was born in Nairobi, Kenya and I have been in the United States for 10 years. I have worked at MAP for 2 years. I got a job here because one of my middle school teachers is a friend of my boss. She knew I loved gardening and flowers she told me go check out MAP and helped me get in contact with my boss, Rebekah. In the school year, I work about 7-10 hours a week and 20 hours in the summer. One of my favorite parts of working here is how learning here is fun and seems easier than learning at school. They make sure we understand what is being taught instead of just moving on. My least favorite part is the small amount of hours we get to work. I love playing soccer running track and studying science, so my future goals are nursing or sports management.

Thank you for checking out The Revolution Will Be Cultivated! To support #MAPYouth for The United Way of Buffalo & Erie County's Spring It On campaign, visit out our fundraiser page HERE

Comments