Meet Sara!

Hello my name is Sara. I am a sophomore at City Honors. At City Honors, we have this thing called the IB program. It’s the International Baccalaureate program and it’s supposed to develop students, intellectual, emotional, personal, and social skills. It helps give college credit if I decide to take IB classes next year. A thing I’m working on is school is called a personal project; it’s an independent project that focuses on our personal interests and turns them into a school long project that we present at the end of the year (called IB night). I’m learning to skateboard, thanks to a MAP Youth Team Leader we had during the summer. He helped me buy the board and decide what was right for me. On another note, I’ve been working at MAP for a couple months now, since I’ve only done the summer program. My brother worked at MAP for almost 10 years and he’s one of the reasons I’m at MAP. He’s influenced me a lot, and always bragged about MAP and that made me want to experience the things he’s experienced here. He’s helped me get to know map more and help me know how other people feel about past experiences with MAP as well. I’ve wanted to work at MAP since I was 9 years old. I take French in school, and it’s one of the hardest courses I've taken in my 10 years of schooling. After high school, I'm hoping to travel to get experience and try a lot of new things, while filling my journey. I’m interested in the visual arts, and I’m hoping to do something in the future that goes along with that. I’m hoping I can stay with MAP, because it’s something that I enjoy doing and helping aid the organization.

Comments