Meet Acour, our Farm to Table Coordinator this summer!



My name is Acour. I am 20 years old, from South Sudan, and I moved to the states at the age of 5. I was raised in Buffalo, attending St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute and currently enrolled at as a junior at SUNY Buffalo State, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in philosophy with a minor in religious studies. My favorite hobbies are playing videogames, basketball (NBA 2k when I want to combine the two) and watching anime.

I’m working at MAP this summer because I love food and building real connections with people. Being exposed the other youth employees and my coworkers at MAP that come from a variety of different backgrounds will help me further understand the empowerment that comes from living in a diverse community. MAP allows me to combine my passion for food and desire to establish long trusting relationships so that I can one day use these skills to help better my community and ultimately shape the world we live in.

Comments