National Fuel Meeting


By Maire E

It was around four in the afternoon when I walked into the downtown library for work, unaware of what we were going to do there. I met up with my fellow coworkers as we waited for Rebekah in the lobby. They reminded me that we were here for the National Fuel meeting. When Rebekah arrived we went in search of a place to sit, and have our own meeting - just Growing Green.

We found a place, settled down and immediately began a discussion on climate justice and what we thought of it. We broke down the term in order to grasp the full concept. This really allowed me to interpret my thoughts on the topic in a group setting. I always had a good idea of what the words meant to me, but to hear what others thought really gave me a different way to interpret the words by themselves and how they fit together.

Near the end of our work shift we were told that the National Fuel meeting was moved to later in the day and that we would not be able to go. However, we were able to go see and meet some of the protesters outside of the National Fuel Building. This showed how people are affected by climate change, and are fighting for justice. So, even though we were not able to go to the meeting, it was still great to meeting these people and see how dedicated they are to their cause, and standing up for what they believe in.

Comments