Meet Ingabire


I have been working at MAP for almost a year now and I always appreciate my summer time here. This program is all about teaching people (teens) how to work in their community. They give teens jobs and most of all they teach the importance of fresh and healthy food.

My thoughts so far on these weeks that I spent here are that this working place is full of people who are respectful and accepting. We play some games that are really good before starting activities. Every Friday at MAP we make meals and eat together as working members.

MAP has taught me something about the food system and how so many people and things contribute to make you eat the food that you eat. There are producers, consumers, processors, distributors, and waters that are involved in a food system. I am learning so many good things here and I don't regret being here - it's a nice working place. 

Comments