Meet a farmer! Messiah


Hello, my name is Messiah. I am 15 years old. I have been farming for 1 year.

Sustainable farming practices are important to me because it's a big deal!

My favorite part about being a farmer is weeding, planting and planning every thing for the next year.


My superhero is my mom because she taught me how to garden.

My favorite song to listen to on the farm is R&B mostly, sometimes Adele.

When I'm not farming, I like to sing and do hair.

My favorite things to grow are watermelon. My favorite things to eat is also watermelon.

If I could change one this about the food system it would be making things grow faster with a lot more 'sun hours' and more water.

Something you don't know about me is my favorite color is blue and I want to be a cosmetologist.



If I could tell the world one thing about what being a farmer is like it us so beautiful when watching a living thing grow from a seedling.

Climate change is affecting my garden - the weather keeps changing, and sometimes causes things to die.

One this I'm doing to protect the environment in our garden is keeping it clean.

I think we need more young people involved in farming because it's a fun experience and also, you learn a lot about shopping and the spaces around you.

One thing I'm doing to create healthy soil in my garden is composting.

The most difficult thing about sustainable farming is weather - it sometimes affects things growing.


This post is based on Food Tank's Farmer Spotlight series. We will be highlighting the young farmers working at MAP in effort to join the global conversation about farming and food.

Comments