First two weeks of work!


By Dary R

During the school year I was a part of the Citizenship and Organizing group. I had facilitated make trainings in front of my group, which made it easier for me to speak in front of groups of people.

Last week I got the opportunity to facilitate a training on disparities based on different communities and how they are different from each other. Since I have experience facilitating, it was easier to do the training in front of the youth.

Throughout the past two weeks I saw the youth start to work together and become more comfortable talking and presenting in front of each other. They learned about what a social enterprise is - an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being. They also learned about serial testimony, which offers young people the opportunity to testify to the realities of the own lives. They new youth also got to share their privileges with each other.

Comments