Meet a farmer! Levi

Hello, my name is Levi. I am 17 years old. I have been farming for 3 years

Sustainable farming practices are important to me because it helps give back to the environment.


My favorite part about being a farmer is knowing where food comes from.


My superhero is Hayao Miyazoki.

My favorite song to listen to on the farm is Panda by Designer.

When I'm not farming, I like to draw, read, cook and bake.

My favorite thing to grow is spinach. My favorite things to eat watermelon.

If I could change one this about the food system it would be the amount of accessibility to cheap healthy food.

Something you don't know about me is I want to be a chef or baker.



If I could tell the world one thing about what being a farmer is like it is a fun experience.

Climate change is affecting my garden by changing the growing season.

One this I'm doing to protect the environment in our garden is composting.

I think we need more young people involved in farming because it will make more pro farmers.

One thing I'm doing to create healthy soil in my garden is composting.

The most difficult thing about sustainable farming is not using pesticides like DDT.

This post is based on Food Tank's Farmer Spotlight series. We will be highlighting the young farmers working at MAP in effort to join the global conversation about farming and food.

Comments