The MAP Your Future Program: Featuring Solamon

By Solamon Thang

I am going to achieve a good career, because I have good guidance, dreams, and determination. I have supportive friends and family, but not only friends and family, also teachers. MAP Your Futures Program is one of my guidance. I also have dreams and determination.

Having a lot of friends, family, and teachers who support you is a good thing. My mom is one of my family members who has always supported me. Since she have never went to school, it makes me want to become successful and achieve great things so she can be proud. I also have teachers who support me in my academic and future plans, for example my ESL teacher, Ms.Critoph. Ms. Critoph taught me the value of education.

MAP Your Futures Program is another guide for me. The program brings speakers from different careers to speak to MAP youth about the sacrifices they made to achieve their career goals. Their words showed me the value of determination and offered me guidance. By listening to the speakers, I came to realize the things I should focus more on and what are things I need to give up and stop doing.

I have many dreams and I am determined to achieve them. First, I want to finish high school as one of the top 10 students in my school.  Then, I want to go to college to become a doctor. After college, I want to earn a lot of money for my family, and then after earning enough money for my family, I want to travel around the world and help other people who are in need.

By having good guidance, dreams, and determination, I will achieve a good career. I have friends, teachers, and family who support me. I also have guidance, the MAP Your Futures Program being one of them.

Comments